Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yarn Easter Egg Wreath


If you didn't see my previous post, Easter is just around the corner and one of my Spring projects was making an Easter wreath!  I was inspired by this yarn egg wreath on Pinterest and I ended up choosing non-traditional Easter colors because I'm not too fond of pastels.  Overall, it was easy to make, but it took a little more time than I expected.  I worked on it a little each night for about a week.  Here are the materials I used:



  • 12" foam wreath
  • 6 large plastic eggs
  • 24 medium plastic eggs
  • 12 small plastic eggs
  • 5 different shades of yarn or twine
  • Glue gun and A LOT of glue



Once you have all your materials together, all you have to do is start gluing and wrapping your eggs!  I ended up wrapping my eggs 3 different ways... (1) single layer wrap (twine egg in the above picture), (2) haphazard wrap (bottom multicolor egg), and (3) yarn ball wrap (right lavender egg).



I attached the eggs directly to the foam wreath as I went, starting with the large eggs, medium eggs next, then filling in any gaps with the small eggs.  If I had to do it all over again, I would have wrapped the wreath with yarn before I attached the eggs so I wouldn't have to worry about any of the foam showing through.




I love the way it turned out...bright, cheerful, and puts me in the mood for Spring! Next on my Easter to dos...Easter baskets and take Leah on a trip to see the Easter bunny! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment